Universal Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer, and we are always looking for positive, energetic people to join our staff. Whether you have been involved in the fitness industry for years or are interested in learning the ropes, Universal is the place to be. Please fill out the attached online job application and click SUBMIT. Or, you may mail your resume to:
Universal Athletic Club
2323 Oregon Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Day Spa Manager
The manager of the Day Spa at Universal will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the spa. They will manage the spa's finances, employees and services. The Spa Manager will perform business tasks, as well as working directly with customers providing select spa services.
Many of the required tasks will be business-related and will include recordkeeping, assisting the Marketing Department with promotional campaigns, maintaining stock inventories and payroll management. Training or licensure in different types of massage, cosmetology and different types of beauty treatments are desirable for individuals looking for this Spa management positions.
The Spa manager will need a working knowledge of local and state licensing requirements, municipal health regulations and federal and state tax laws. The compensation for this position includes a base salary (commensurate with experience), commissions and bonuses.
Skin Care Therapist
Universal is seeking an experienced and licensed Skin Care Therapist (esthetician) for a part time position at The Day Spa. Must be willing to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Estheticians are responsible for performing a variety of facial and body techniques and practices to increase, improve, or maintain the healthy appearance of the skin. Estheticians do not diagnose or treat medical conditions or diseases of the skin; instead, their work is focused solely on skincare as it relates to general health and beauty. However, their training allows them to detect skin problems that may require medical attention and they therefore often refer clients to medical professionals, such as dermatologists.
Estheticians at the Day Spa at Universal may perform procedures such as:
- Chemical/acid peels
- Wraps and masks
The treatments and procedures performed by an esthetician at Universal are designed to keep skin of the face and body healthy and attractive, although many times these procedures are meant to simply relax or rejuvenate clients and allow them to engage in indulgent therapies. Compensation is commission based. Please apply online and reference job posting #E0609
Fitness Coach Staff
Universal is expanding our Fitness Coaching staff with caring, energetic fitness-minded individuals. Ideal candidates will be available evenings and/or mornings plus some weekends, and be able to work independently as well as with a team. Effective communication skills are an essential component of this position. All interested applicants should apply online and reference job posting #FC0714
Part-time Weekday Female Custodian
Part-time Custodian, Day & Evening
Universal is now seeking applicants for seasonal positions for our maintenance department. The ideal candidate will work well with a team and independently. Prior cleaning experience preferred. Apply on-line (see link above), or apply in person. Applications must reference job posting #SE1980. Questions regarding this position may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kidz Klub Attendants
Universal is currently seeking energetic, dependable individuals to work in our Children’s Program Department. The ideal candidate should have availability during the week AND weekends throughout the year, this is not a seasonal position. All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting KK712.
Silver Sneakers & Silver Splash Class Instructors
Universal is currently seeking individuals to teach Silver Sneakers and Silver Splash group fitness classes. All SilverSneakers instructors must possess and maintain the following credentials:
- 18+ years old
- Current CPR certification
- One of the following professional credentials*:
- Two or Four year degree in health, exercise science, recreation or physical activity-related field
- Current professional health or fitness license
- Nationally recognized fitness instructor/trainer certification
- Completion of training workshop specific to the class format being offered
- Each workshop consists of online self-directed courses and an in-person classroom component
*Approved credentials must meet the following criteria:
- Requires a formal re-certification process which includes a termed expiration
- Requires continuing education courses as criteria for re-certification
- Requires current CPR card in order to acquire and renew certification
- Certification must be available to the general population
Examples of approved certifications include: ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA, and YMCA. Interested applicants should apply online (see link above) and reference job posting SS#1019.
Lifeguards & Pool Monitors
Universal is accepting applications for lifeguards and pool monitors. Current life guarding certification preferred but not required. Shifts available include early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year 'round local residents will be considered for this position. Please apply online (see link above) and reference job posting AQ1013.
Swim Lesson Instructors
Universal is accepting applications for swim lesson instructors, both group and private. Ideal candidates will have experience with children and a background in swimming. Shifts available include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year 'round local residents will be considered for this position. Please apply online (see link above) and reference job posting SW 1013.
Universal Athletic Club is looking for enthusiastic Fitness BOXING trainers in our challenging, fast-paced and exciting work environment. The trainer responsibilities include motivating, teaching, challenging, and making the workout fun. Being upbeat, energetic, and professional is a must in providing an exceptional member experience.
- Provide boxing workouts that are fun and challenging, driven by an energetic attitude, always upbeat, and motivating to members
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, ensuring a clean, friendly atmosphere
- Maintains highest level of professional ethics and compliance with all club rules and policies
- Looks professional with good hygiene, and always on time
- Increases member retention and new member enrollment by conducting classes that challenge the member yet are fun, simple and changed to feel new
- Ensures safety of members and club property
- Stays current on latest health and fitness trends
- Maintains personal commitment to fitness
- Outgoing, personable, pro-active, motivated, high energy individual!!!!
- Boxing/Kickboxing/MMA experience or training is required
- Ability to work with club members on a one-to-one basis or in groups during personal training sessions, providing clear instructions, correcting technique, using mitts/pads, and other equipment (i.e. medicine balls, jump rope, etc)
- CPR and First Aid trained and certified or willing to get certified. Current Personal Training Certification from Nationally recognized organization
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Enthusiasm for personal health and fitness
Interested Applicants should apply online and reference job posting BX1030