Universal Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer, and we are always looking for positive, energetic people to join our staff. Whether you have been involved in the fitness industry for years or are interested in learning the ropes, Universal is the place to be. Please fill out the attached online job application and click SUBMIT. Or, you may mail your resume to:
Universal Athletic Club
2323 Oregon Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Silver Sneakers & Silver Splash Class Instructors
Universal is currently seeking individuals to teach Silver Sneakers and Silver Splash group fitness classes. All SilverSneakers instructors must possess and maintain the following credentials:
- 18+ years old
- Current CPR certification
- One of the following professional credentials*:
- Two or Four year degree in health, exercise science, recreation or physical activity-related field
- Current professional health or fitness license
- Nationally recognized fitness instructor/trainer certification
- Completion of training workshop specific to the class format being offered
- Each workshop consists of online self-directed courses and an in-person classroom component
*Approved credentials must meet the following criteria:
- Requires a formal re-certification process which includes a termed expiration
- Requires continuing education courses as criteria for re-certification
- Requires current CPR card in order to acquire and renew certification
- Certification must be available to the general population
Examples of approved certifications include: ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA, and YMCA. Interested applicants should apply online (see link above) and reference job posting SS#1019.
Lifeguards & Pool Monitors
Universal is accepting applications for lifeguards and pool monitors. Current life guarding certification preferred but not required. Shifts available include early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year 'round local residents will be considered for this position. Please apply online (see link above) and reference job posting AQ1013.
Aquatic Fitness Instructors
Universal is accepting applications for Aquatic Fitness Instructors. Ideal candidates will have one year of group or aquatic teaching experience This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year 'round local residents will be considered for this position. All interested applicants should apply online and reference job posting AF 1013.
Swim Lesson Instructors
Universal is accepting applications for swim lesson instructors, both group and private. Ideal candidates will have experience with children and a background in swimming. Shifts available include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year 'round local residents will be considered for this position. Please apply online (see link above) and reference job posting SW 1013.
Universal Athletic Club is seeking compassionate, friendly, energetic individuals with a passion for Wellness & Nutrition. Candidates must be available evenings and weekends. Education/experience in the fields of fitness and/or nutrition preferred, but not required. A willingness to learn and to help people achieve healthier lives is a MUST. Applicants should apply online and reference job posting NWC #1029.
Universal Athletic Club is looking for enthusiastic Fitness BOXING trainers in our challenging, fast-paced and exciting work environment. The trainer responsibilities include motivating, teaching, challenging, and making the workout fun. Being upbeat, energetic, and professional is a must in providing an exceptional member experience.
- Provide boxing workouts that are fun and challenging, driven by an energetic attitude, always upbeat, and motivating to members
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, ensuring a clean, friendly atmosphere
- Maintains highest level of professional ethics and compliance with all club rules and policies
- Looks professional with good hygiene, and always on time
- Increases member retention and new member enrollment by conducting classes that challenge the member yet are fun, simple and changed to feel new
- Ensures safety of members and club property
- Stays current on latest health and fitness trends
- Maintains personal commitment to fitness
- Outgoing, personable, pro-active, motivated, high energy individual!!!!
- Boxing/Kickboxing/MMA experience or training is required
- Ability to work with club members on a one-to-one basis or in groups during personal training sessions, providing clear instructions, correcting technique, using mitts/pads, and other equipment (i.e. medicine balls, jump rope, etc)
- CPR and First Aid trained and certified or willing to get certified. Current Personal Training Certification from Nationally recognized organization
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Enthusiasm for personal health and fitness
Interested Applicants should apply online and reference job posting BX1030