UPDATE AS OF 11/19/2020
Universal Athletic Club Members,
I wanted to provide an update to all of you about the new orders from the Governor and how they impact the club.
- As Pennsylvania experiences a resurgence of COVID-19 cases, the Wolf Administration has released new mitigation efforts, which Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine announced on Tuesday, November 17th.These new protocols included a Strengthened Masking Order.
- Masks are required to be worn indoors and outdoors if you are away from your home.
- When outdoors, a mask must be worn if you are not able to remain physically distant (at least 6 feet away)from someone not in your household the entire time you are outdoors.
- When indoors, masks will now be required even if you are physically distant from members not in your household. This means that even if you are able to be 6 feet apart, you will need to wear a mask while inside if with people other than members of your household.
- This order applies to every indoor facility, including homes, retail establishments, gyms, doctors’ offices,public transportation, and anywhere food is prepared, packaged or served
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOUR UAC MEMBERSHIP?
Masks are required for all who enter the club, exit the club and in all common areas throughout
the club. Masks reduce potential exposure risk from an infected person whether they have symptoms
or not. Masks should be worn as part of our comprehensive safety plan which includes:
physical distancing, improved ventilation, cleaning hands, covering sneezes and coughs, and more.
I want to thank all of you for your continued efforts and commitment to helping keep UAC a healthy and safe
environment. Universal is providing a heightened level of cleaning and disinfecting systems, as well as limiting
capacity throughout the club, and educating our members through behavioral signage and enforcement.
Although all data has shown that gyms are safe, the Governor has presented us with a challenge. We may find the masking order an inconvenience, but we know you will join us in our desire to keep UAC open and, as Universal Members always do, you will rise to the challenge.
In Good Health.
Owner, Universal Athletic Club
Club Policies & Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
At Universal Athletic Club, the health and safety of our members, employees and community is our #1 priority. We ask that members do their part to keep our club open and safe.
OVERALL CLUB POLICIES
- Do not come to the club if you have a fever, cough or any other cold-like symptoms.
- Masks are required any time you are inside of Universal and that you cannot maintain at least 6ft social distancing. Masks do not have to be worn during exercise, as long as 6ft social distancing is maintained. We DO strongly encourage member to wear masks in common areas such as hallways, locker rooms, etc. We are relying on members and their guests to be compliant with these regulations.
- All staff will have their body temperatures checked open entering the building as well as answer a CDC questionnaire about their potential exposure over the last 14 days.
- Staff are required to wear protective face coverings.
- We will temporarily block off certain machines each day to allow for physical distancing.
- MEMBERS MUST WIPE DOWN MACHINES/EQUIPMENT/MATS AFTER USE. Sanitizing
spray and wipes are provided throughout all areas of the club.
- We have a UAC CLEAN TEAM walking the club during the day to sanitize equipment.
- We have added over 40 sanitization stations around the club
- We will utilize our Static Spray/Disinfecting System regularly. Our Air Filtration and
Pool Filtration systems are top of the line. (See videos below.)
- Water fountains are currently not available. Please bring your own water, or drinks are
available for purchase in the lobby/cafe.
- Enter the club through the glass door on the FAR RIGHT at the club’s main entrance. With mask on, please use provided hand sanitizer prior to checking in. Check in at the front desk using your membership scan card.
- Make an immediate right to go down the front stairwell, then make your way to the area of the club in which you will work out.
- To go back UP to the lobby or to exit the club, go up the stairwell near the Sports Performance Center to the Cafe, and follow the EXIT sign out the front door.
- Keep at least a 6 ft. distance from others while inside the club. Members will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the club with the sanitization stations provided.
EXERCISE AT YOUR OWN RISK
While we do our best to provide the safest environment possible and minimize risks, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place. By coming to Universal Athletic Club, you voluntarily assume all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19.
THE AQUATIC CENTER IS OPEN
- NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY, SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Youth age 17 or under MUST be accompanied by an adult in the pool at all times
- MEMBERS MUST MAINTAIN 6FT SOCIAL DISTANCING IN ALL POOL AREAS.
- Aqua Fitness Classes are not scheduled to run yet
- Aqua Fitness Class are not schedule to run yet
- Only 1 person per swim lane in the Main Pool.
- The Warm Pool is open, but 6ft. social distancing must be maintained at all times among non-family members
- Only 2 people are permitted to be in the Whirlpool at the same time.
- The Steam Room is currently closed.
Even though the club re-opened after the state-wide shutdown on June 22nd, we did not resume billing for membership dues until July. If you were last billed on March 13th, your dues resumed on July 3rd. If you were last billed on March 27th, your dues resumed on July 17th. If you have a monthly membership account, your dues resumed on July 15th. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at 717-569-5396 or email@example.com.
All group swim lessons are on hold until further notice. If you had a student registered for the Winter 2020 or Spring 2020 session you should have received an email from our swim lessons coordinator in April 2020 about the cancellation and your options. If you did not receive this email, please contact Leah Darras at LeahD@UniversalAthleticClub.com.
If you are a member who is not receiving our email notifications in general, first please check your “SPAM” box. If you see no emails from the recent past, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your correct email address.
Member talks about club safety
Member feels safe at club
Club Cleanliness & Safety
Still prefer to workout at home? We will continue to offer all of our virtual workout options listed below
Live workouts via
As part of our commitment to keeping you active and healthy, you can experience live workouts right from your own home with UAC certified trainers and instructors!
Need assistance with ZOOM? Email Troy Bruchwalski at TroyB@UniversalAthleticClub.com.