Club Policies & Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
At Universal Athletic Club, the health and safety of our members, employees and community is our #1 priority. We ask that members do their part to keep our club open and safe.
OVERALL CLUB POLICIES
- Do not come to the club if you have a fever, cough or any other cold-like symptoms.
- Masks are required any time you are inside of Universal and that you cannot maintain at least 6ft social distancing. Masks do not have to be worn during exercise, as long as 6ft social distancing is maintained. We DO strongly encourage member to wear masks in common areas such as hallways, locker rooms, etc. We are relying on members and their guests to be compliant with these regulations.
- All staff will have their body temperatures checked open entering the building as well as answer a CDC questionnaire about their potential exposure over the last 14 days.
- Staff are required to wear protective face coverings.
- We will temporarily block off certain machines each day to allow for physical distancing.
- MEMBERS MUST WIPE DOWN MACHINES/EQUIPMENT/MATS AFTER USE. Sanitizing
spray and wipes are provided throughout all areas of the club.
- We have a UAC CLEAN TEAM walking the club during the day to sanitize equipment.
- We have added over 40 sanitization stations around the club
- We will utilize our Static Spray/Disinfecting System regularly. Our Air Filtration and
Pool Filtration systems are top of the line. (See videos below.)
- Water fountains are currently not available. Please bring your own water, or drinks are
available for purchase in the lobby/cafe.
- Enter the club through the glass door on the FAR RIGHT at the club’s main entrance. Check in at the front desk using your membership scan card.
- Make an immediate right to go down the front stairwell, then make your way to the area of the club in which you will work out.
- To go back UP to the lobby or to exit the club, go up the stairwell near the Sports Performance Center to the Cafe, and follow the EXIT sign out the front door.
- Keep at least a 6 ft. distance from others while inside the club. Members will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the club with the sanitization stations provided.
EXERCISE AT YOUR OWN RISK
While we do our best to provide the safest environment possible and minimize risks, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place. By coming to Universal Athletic Club, you voluntarily assume all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19.
Membership dues resumed in July. If you were last billed on March 13th, your dues resumed on July 3rd. If you were last billed on March 27th, your dues resumed on July 17th. If you have a monthly membership account, your dues will resume on July 15th. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at 717-569-5396 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAC is currently not allowing free guests. However, 1-day, 7-day, and 1-month passes are available for purchase. Summer memberships and 2-Hour Kidz Klub passes are also available for purchase. Please call the club for details.
KIDZ KLUB HOURS – TEMPORARILY MODIFIED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Ages 6 month – 11 years (no younger infants at this time)
- NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY, SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Youth age 17 or under MUST be accompanied by an adult in the pool at all times
- MEMBERS MUST MAINTAIN 6FT.SOCIAL DISTANCING IN ALL POOL AREAS.
- Aqua Fitness Classes are not scheduled to run yet
- Aqua Fitness Class are not schedule to run yet
- Only 1 person per swim lane in the Main Pool.
- The Warm Pool is open, but 6ft. social distancing must be maintained at all times among non-family members
- Only 2 people are permitted to be in the Whirlpool at the same time.
- The Steam Room is currently closed.
All group swim lessons are on hold until further notice. If you had a student registered for the Winter or Spring 2020 session you should have received an email from our swim lessons coordinator about the cancellation and your options. If you did not receive this email, please contact Leah Darras at LeahD@UniversalAthleticClub.com.
Our Main Basketball Court is open. However, due to the CDC recommended guidelines of maintaining 6ft distance between others, we do ask that members use it only for “shooting hoops” at this time rather than for games with large groups of people. It’s also mandatory for you to spray and wipe off the basketballs after you use them with the sanitizer provided. The Upper Basketball Court is reserved for summer camp through end of August.
If you are a member who is not receiving our email notifications in general, first please check your “SPAM” box. If you see no emails from the recent past, please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your correct email address.
Club Cleanliness & Safety
Still prefer to workout at home? We will continue to offer all of our virtual workout options listed below
Live free workouts via
As part of our commitment to keeping you active and healthy, you can experience live workouts right from your own home with UAC certified trainers and instructors!