Top 10 Reasons to Work with a Trainer
- PERSONALIZED INSTRUCTION – A personal trainer will develop the best program for you based on your health and fitness.
- RESULTS – Trainers help maximize your time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and efficiently.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Scheduling regular appointments with a trainer one-on-one or in a small group helps eliminate any excuses you might come up with for not exercising.
- MOTIVATION – A trainer will serve as a coach, educator and major source of encouragement
- VARIATION – Your trainer will listen to you and help you get past plateaus & mix up your routine for effectiveness, new challenges & RESULTS
- SAFETY & FUNCTIONALITY – A trainer will show you how to exercise safely & incorporate movements that will help with day-to-day life. You’ll learn proper technique to avoid overstraining or injury.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING – Whether you want to shave some strokes off your golf score or beat your brother at tennis, a trainer can tailor your program to improve athleticism
- INJURY REHABILITATION – An experienced personal trainer, can make the road to recovery smooth by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular balance to prevent future injuries.
- SPECIAL-NEEDS TRAINING – Many personal trainers are experienced in designing programs that address the special needs and health challenges of clients.
- CONFIDENCE BOOST – Feeling good makes you look good, and vice versa. Not only can your personal trainer help you achieve your health and fitness goals, they will provide you with positive feedback on your performance and bolster your confidence to take on new challenges
“I’ve lost over 30 pounds, and I couldn’t have made a better choice for my health than joining THRIVE Training”
My goal for signing up for THRIVE Training at Universal was to get to a healthy weight and feel comfortable with myself. I heard great things from other participants in the program; when I decided to give it a try for myself I loved it.
I learned from my initial Functional Movement Screening that I had horrible balance and lacked the strength to be able to do some pretty basic things. I was surprisingly flexible in other areas, though.
“After consistently training the THRIVE program, I’ve lost over 30 pounds. This time I am doing it right, and I couldn’t feel healthier. I have more energy in my day-to-day life, and now I can achieve more than when I started. I still have aways to go, but I am proud of what I have accomplished.
The THRIVE sessions are personalized for each person’s fitness level, so you never feel like there’s something you can’t do. Being in a group setting with other people who genuinely want to see you succeed is a real motivator. I can’t stress enough how great my THRIVE trainer Andrea is; she truly believes in everyone.
This program is 100% worth it; I couldn’t have made a better choice for my health than joining THRIVE.”
Competed in Her First Bodybuilding Competition
My husband Kyle and I enjoyed a fantastic beach wedding in March 2016 surrounded by our closest friends and family. However, I remember looking back at our beautiful wedding photos and thinking “wow we look overweight and very unhealthy.” We had always been into working out, but never really had a plan or goals. Enter Universal Athletic Club Personal Trainer Stacie Hess.
I had my first planning meeting with Stacie in early July 2016. I decided to give myself the extreme goal of competing in a bodybuilding competition in November. I told Stacie exactly what I wanted to accomplish and by when. She was fully behind me and never once doubted me. In that moment my life literally changed.
“Stacie put together a step-by-step workout and eating plan to help me reach my goals. For a few weeks, we met twice a week and would go through each workout in detail. Then we started meeting once a week, tweaking my workouts to get the best results possible. Never once did I feel lost out on the floor. If I ever had any questions I would email her and she would get back to me right away.
At the end of my 16 weeks of training with Stacie, I had lost over 20 pounds and 20 inches over my whole body. I did it all with good old-fashioned hard work and clean eating. Stacie made me realize that exercise and more specifically bodybuilding is a lifestyle that I love!”
“I did reach my goal and on November 12th competed in my first bodybuilding competition! I placed third in the Figure Division and fourth in the Masters 30+ Figure division. There is no way I would have gotten where I am today without Stacie.
I also contribute my success to the love and support of my husband, Kyle. There’s no way I could’ve achieved what I did without him by my side. We workout together every single day, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
My goals moving forward are to compete more competitions and to continue to focus on my diet, workouts and physique. I have my sights set on the Baltimore Gladiator NPC competition on March 18.
“If you’re contemplating whether or not you should hire a personal trainer, I highly recommend that you do. You can’t put a price on your health. Hard work always pays off, and if you put in the time and the effort, you can achieve anything!”