Top 10 Reasons to Work with a Trainer
- PERSONALIZED INSTRUCTION – A personal trainer will develop the best program for you based on your health and fitness.
- RESULTS – Trainers help maximize your time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and efficiently.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Scheduling regular appointments with a trainer one-on-one or in a small group helps eliminate any excuses you might come up with for not exercising.
- MOTIVATION – A trainer will serve as a coach, educator and major source of encouragement
- VARIATION – Your trainer will listen to you and help you get past plateaus & mix up your routine for effectiveness, new challenges & RESULTS
- SAFETY & FUNCTIONALITY – A trainer will show you how to exercise safely & incorporate movements that will help with day-to-day life. You’ll learn proper technique to avoid overstraining or injury.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING – Whether you want to shave some strokes off your golf score or beat your brother at tennis, a trainer can tailor your program to improve athleticism
- INJURY REHABILITATION – An experienced personal trainer, can make the road to recovery smooth by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular balance to prevent future injuries.
- SPECIAL-NEEDS TRAINING – Many personal trainers are experienced in designing programs that address the special needs and health challenges of clients.
- CONFIDENCE BOOST – Feeling good makes you look good, and vice versa. Not only can your personal trainer help you achieve your health and fitness goals, they will provide you with positive feedback on your performance and bolster your confidence to take on new challenges
Universal Athletic Club Member
Written by Nick’s wife, Tricia:
“Just a quick note to say ‘Thank You’ for hiring Stacy Brown. She has been my husband’s personal trainer for a few months and what progress he has made! When I suggested that he go to UAC two days a week to work with a personal trainer, he had many hesitations. He had already experienced several months of varied therapists and doctors following a medical event in his life. But the second he met Stacy all of the hesitations disappeared. This is not just a job for her; she genuinely cares about his success, and it shows in her actions.
Nick’s balance has greatly improved, and as Stacy increases the weights, he has discovered strength again in his arms. After every session he is beaming while she tells me what new accomplishment he has mastered. He now looks forward to coming to the gym because he knows he’s going to see Stacy. I’m happy because I know he is safe and I can comfortably leave him and get a workout of my own! Stacy is a key ingredient to his recovery and I am most appreciative!” – Tricia L.
“When I first joined Universal, my goal was to lose weight and feel stronger. Trying a month of functional workouts led by a trainer in a small group really appealed to me.
The THRIVE training program has helped me feel stronger and kept me focused on my weight loss journey, so I decided to continue on with the training sessions. I have lost 40 pounds by combining this program with a focus on my daily eating habits.
THRIVE has an extremely welcoming team of trainers who go the extra mile to adjust workouts to your level. They continuously challenge you to improve, and I enjoy seeing progression in my workouts.
Anthony is 15 years old and a 10th grader at Lampeter-Strasburg High School. He plays soccer for the club team Pennsylvania Classics.
“I have trained at multiple facilities with different trainers, and Universal’s Sports Performance program is the best training I have ever received.
The training has helped to improve my speed and strength on the soccer field. I have been more effective during games because now I’m able to hold off defenders and run by them at speed. The training has helped me improve my overall athleticism which helps to prepare me for the next level, and I can help my team more on the field.
I like how my UAC trainer, Charley, pushes our training group and how he has the ability to get the best out of me during every session. I also like how he’s a perfectionist on form to help prevent injuries.
I enjoy the intensity and the completeness of the program, as it is perfect for developing the strength needed in all body parts and the speed needed to go any direction.”
– Anthony Milazzo