Featured Healthy Recipes
Courtesy of the Nutrition & Wellness Center at Universal Athletic Club
Want more healthy recipes that your whole family can enjoy? Our weight loss and nutrition plans include a huge selection of recipes for you to try something new, quick and tasty for any meal or health snack.
Yields: 6 Servings
3 whole eggs
1 cup chopped mushrooms, canned or fresh
¾ cup egg substitute
12 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
1 cup skim milk
8 oz. ham steak, diced
¾ cup Bisquick, Heart Smart dry mix
1 cup low-fat, part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions: Preheat oven to 375º
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg substitute, milk, and Bisquick. Mix until well combined.
2. To egg mixture, fold in remaining ingredients.
3. Place in spring-form pan or 9X13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until center is set.
220 calories; 8g fat; 3g sat fat; 120mg cholesterol; 1020mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate;3g fiber; 5g sugar; 22g protein.
WWL Exchange: 3 proteins, 1 starch, 2 vegetables
Yields: Eight (1 cup) servings
16 oz. ground beef, 92% lean
2 cups water
1 cup onion, chopped
20 oz. no salt added stewed tomatoes
1 cup green pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. chili powder
10 oz. can black beans, rinsed
1 Tbsp. cumin
10 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
10 oz garbanzo beans, rinsed
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
6 oz. can tomato paste
¼ cup jalapenos, finely diced (optional)
1. In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef until almost cooked. Add onion and pepper; cook until vegetables are soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly. Simmer for 30-45 minutes and serve.
Calories 260; 38g carbohydrate; 22g protein; 3.5g fat; 360mg sodium; 30 mg cholesterol;14g fiber.
WWL Exchange: 2 proteins, 1 ½ starches
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Yields: Four servings (4 strips w/ 2 T sauce and 2 T. blue cheese)
16 oz. chicken breast, boneless, skinless and sliced into 16 equal pieces
½ cup Franks Red Hot® sauce
½ cup Smart Balance® light spread, melted
½ cup dressing, blue cheese, reduced-calorie
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Combine hot sauce and Smart Balance® in a small bowl. Separate equal amounts into two bowls.
- Toss chicken into first bowl of sauce and coat thoroughly. Discard unused sauce.
- Place coated chicken on baking sheet and broil for 4 minutes turning once.
- Remove chicken from broiler and repeat coating with second bowl of sauce.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove and serve with reduced calorie blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 280; fat 20g; sat fat 5g; carbohydrate 5g; protein 21g; sodium1250mg; cholesterol 75mg.
WWL Exchange: 4 proteins, 1 fat
Yields: Nine servings
2 heads Romaine, chopped
16 oz. browned ground beef, 92% lean
1 jar medium salsa
2 small fresh tomatoes, chopped
3 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
32 oz. non-fat plain yogurt
2 packets taco seasoning
- Drain yogurt in colander lined with cheesecloth over night. (Be sure to place colander inside of a larger bowl.)
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and 1 packet of taco seasoning; set aside.
- Combine ground beef and 1 packet of taco seasoning; set aside. In a 9 X 13 inch pan, layer romaine, yogurt, salsa, cheese and tomatoes one item at a time.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 260; 18g carbohydrate; 24g protein; 10g fat; 5g sat fat; 1150mg sodium; 50mg cholesterol; 2g fiber.
WWL Exchange: ½ dairy, 1 vegetable, 3 proteins