Join our Team
Universal Athletic Club is an equal opportunity employer, and we are always looking for positive, energetic people to join our staff.
Current Job Openings
Front Desk Attendants
Our Front Desk Team is responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Universal Athletic Club members, prospective members and guests. We are looking for a part-time team member to work evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
- Check members into the system.
- Essential knowledge of UAC and all it’s programs.
- Effective and efficient with cash, check & charge transactions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Laundry for entire facility
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Supervisor or Executive Director as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Customer service/hospitality background preferred
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #FDJan20
Birthday Party Host
Universal is seeking hosts for our weekend birthday parties. An ideal candidate should be very outgoing and work well with both adults and children. Applicants must be available a minimum of four weekend days a month. Reference job posting #HB2021
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #HB2021
Universal is accepting applications for part-time help in our busy Cafe. Ideal candidates should work well independently, have the ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment. Applicants must be available evenings and weekends. Previous food service experience not required. Reference job posting #C729.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #C729
Summer Camp Counselors
Universal is currently seeking fun, dependable and energetic applicants as counselors for Camp Universal’s 2021 season. Candidates must be one year removed from high school education, be available for 10 out of the 12 weeks of the summer season and be a competent swimmer. Interested applicants should apply online and reference job posting CU2021. College students please indicate spring break dates and/or times you will be in the Lancaster area and available to interview.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #CU2021
Kidz Klub Attendants
Universal is currently seeking energetic, dependable individuals to work in our Children’s Program Department. The ideal candidate should have availability during the week AND weekends throughout the year, this is not a seasonal position.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #KK712
Swim Lesson Instructor
Universal is accepting applications for swim lesson instructors, both group and private. Ideal candidates will have experience with children and a background in swimming. Shifts available include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. This is NOT a seasonal position. Only full time, year ’round local residents will be considered for this position. Please apply online (see link below) and reference job posting #SW1013.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #SW1013
UAC is currently seeking both indoor and outdoor Lifeguards to work the 2021 summer season (May 15, 2021 through September 6, 2021). Additionally, there will be opportunity to continue working after September 6th if interested. This is a great opportunity for continuing or to begin using your lifeguard skills and certification on a year round basis. Lifeguards at Universal Athletic Club are responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Various shifts are available every day of the week. Lifeguards maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility to ensure everyone’s safety and to immediately and effectively address and resolve any concerns with patrons. Qualified applicants should exhibit high standards of professionalism, attentive vigilance, aquatic life-saving skill proficiency, supervision, customer service, and leadership.
- Must be at least 16 years of age when applying.
- Must hold, or be willing to become Red Cross Life Guard Certified. Universal will offer training in both April, and May of 2021
- Available to work from May through September 2021
- Ability to work various shifts, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #LG2021
Universal Athletic Club is seeking full time and part time housekeeping/custodial positions. Day, evening and weekend shifts available. Duties include, but not limited to: locker rooms, equipment maintenance, sweeping, vacuuming, seasonal snow removal and general attention to detail. No experience necessary; prior cleaning experience preferred. Positive attitude and willingness to learn required. Reference job posting #M0114.
All interested individuals should apply online and reference job posting #M0114